Welcome to the Webpages for the Center for Railway Research and Education
The Center for Railway Research and Education is part of the Broad College of Business within Michigan State University. We undertake research and provide education in railway management and railway systems. We consider railways as a system that provides essential transportation services for the supply chain and for passengers to commute or travel, both supporting continued sustainable growth of the economy and wealth creation for all. Our approach to railways is multi-disciplinary and includes:
- the various management functions, for example, operations, marketing, asset management, and interaction within the supply chain
- the many engineering disciplines that are necessary for transportation by rail, such as civil, mechanical, electrical, and communication engineering
- The interfaces between all of the aforementioned parts that constitute the complex system of transportation by rail.
Our research and education covers all types of railways from freight railroads of any sizes, long distance passenger, to urban railways, such as metros and light rail. In addition, any organizations, agencies, or associations related to railways, such as rail shippers, consultancies, and equipment manufacturers, are part of our scope. We strive to cover the whole breath of the railway industry providing expertise in strategic business leadership, supply chain integration, technology decisions, and interface between the different stakeholders.
- #ICYMI: From East Lansing to Guatemala, #BroadSpartan Megan Reimel works hard to ensure #tomorrowsbusiness will act… https://t.co/3v4NAjQjUA,
- RT @MHAKeystoneCtr: We have to anticipate that mistakes will occur. But our systems have to be robust enough to catch our screw-ups. We… https://t.co/8U78T6xhs4,
- RT @MSUBizLib: This year's @MSUBroadCollege undergraduate initiatives will focus on preparing students for work in the new digital… https://t.co/x0JhrteelW,